A niche underwriter, specializing in environmental impairment for transport and site-based risks seeks a Claims Administrator to focus on the administrative aspect in the claims department. Claims administration is fast paced and a vital aspect to our business operation.
- Ensure adherence to organizational policies, practices, and procedures.
- Deliver market leading claim service and product knowledge.
- Verification of claims and claim registration. Standard Operating Procedures (SoP) – ensuring all administration and data capturing requirements are met.
- Requesting and reviewing of claim forms, follow ups on any outstanding documents
- Compellation of claim file for management sign off
- Updating of claim status on policy administration system
- Requesting and following up on excess amounts due within stipulated time frames
- Issuing of agreements of loss following management approval
- Communication with brokers on a regular basis regarding the claim status
- Recording and updating of claim estimates
- Preparation of claim files to be processed for payment
- Issuing of loss ratio reports
- Weekly reporting on claim estimates, statuses, and outstanding matters
- Electronic filing
- Ensure compliance with data integrity requirements.
- Resolving and or escalating claims queries.
- Deliver customer service and quality.
- Attend to queries and provide regular feedback.
- Ensure adherence to organizational policies, practices and procedures.
- Ensure product and legislative knowledge is always current
- Manages complexity – makes sense of complex and sensitive information, ability to independently make sense of information.
- A calm disposition – personality trait of remaining composed and collected in complicated or stressful situations.
- Accountable – a strong sense of self accountability and the ability to hold others to meet their commitments.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of groups – collaboration on large projects will be required.
- Cross-Functional Communications
- Excellent organizational, planning and prioritizing skills
- Diligent and attentive to details
- RE 5
- Minimum FETC in Short Term Insurance NQF 4
- Class of Business in Commercial Lines
- 2 + years’ experience in claims admin
- Microsoft Office suite of products
- Experience on Grail
- Pollution Impairment/liability experience
- Higher certificate in Short-Term Insurance NQF 5 advantageous
- Experience in being on call for claims
- Suit candidate available immediately.
- Fixed Term Contract.